Group tutorial and an inspirational lecture
So this morning, bright and early I had a group tutorial with one of the lecturers, Heather. The small group of 4 students took turns to update Heather on where we were up to with our portfolio and seminar presentations. I felt quite confident with my portfolio work, my two sketchbooks are both nearly full of a load of ideas. However I wanted guidance on the next step for my portfolio work because at the moment I feel like I'm being too broad and I need to narrow it down and start to have a more clearly defined goal. Heather told me as much too. So her advice was I need to do some reflection on my work and look at what I've been doing and where I want to go next. So what I might do is write a short brief for myself, a few sentences, put that in my sketch book and work from that. Next steps, I also need to look at doing some digital printing onto fabrics that I might use if I was to design a collection. And get some fabric samples. I also told her I had changed my mind ab...





Comments
Post a Comment